Senior Director, Finance, Corporate Accounts
Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh|US - Massachusetts - Waltham
- Owns and continuously develops various databases that support our customer programs, partnering with the Thermo Fisher IT organization.
- Analyzes and reports on programs, customer and division activity (revenue, profitability, savings/value delivered) on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc basis to all levels of management within Thermo Fisher and our customer environments.
- Establishes and improves performance metrics to assist with business evaluation and decision-making. Measures actual results versus targets.
- Partners closely with Corporate Accounts leaders and provides leadership and business/financial acumen to the organization to drive planning, execution and achievement of company objectives and initiatives.
- Supports the strategic planning process for each of our corporate accounts by analyzing current business relationship and identifying and quantifying potential new areas of business. Supports the evaluation of accounts for addition to the Corporate Accounts program.
- Actively participates in key business decisions, contract reviews/negotiations, etc.
- Leads the development of corporate-wide proposals and incentives structured to gain customer share of wallet. Reviews proposals with cross-divisional commercial and finance leadership to ensure support of the program. Responsible for tracking progress against the incentives programs and communicating results to the Divisions.
- Leads the annual budgeting and monthly forecast processes for Corporate Accounts revenue and expenses.
- Provides leadership for the Corporate Accounts sales operations team, including rep and customer reporting and overall support for the Corporate Accounts commercial team.
- Recruits, retains and develops high-performing Finance team. Provides leadership, coaching, guidance and support for career development.
- Manages special projects and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field. CPA/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in progressive finance roles in financial analysis and reporting.
- Experience partnering with commercial organizations to drive commercial business strategies and tactics.
- Experience working within a complex, matrix environment with a track record of developing strong relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork-oriented with collaborative style.
- Experience partnering with IT to drive system projects from planning to implementation. Knowledge of SAP and COGNOS a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and lead others to a high standard of performance.