Job Title: EMEA Lab Instruments, 2nd Level Technical Support Specialist, NGMS
Reports To: Manager, EMEA Lab Instruments 2nd Level Technical Support
Location: EMEA ULS sites
About Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Unity Lab Services
Thermo Fisher Scientific has built a strong reputation for delivering exceptional service and support. Our Unity Lab Services (ULS) brand provides customers a single source for integrated lab service, support and supply management.
Through our network of world-class service and support personnel, we provide services that are designed to help our customers improve productivity, reduce costs, and drive decisions with better data. As a valued laboratory partner, ULS provides researchers what they need, when they need it, to maximize their ability to focus on science and drive innovation.
Responsible to deliver all Service activities in special situations like escalations, new product introductions, safety alerts etc. in order to achieve
- Satisfied customer becoming loyal customers
- Lowest escalation times with highest instrument uptime
- Leverage of knowhow across the European Field organization
Contributes to the overall Service Targets with respect to Bookings, Revenues, Service Profit, Overhead Cost, and CAS while following all internal rules, processes and practices (as they are described)
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Is fully responsible for all Escalations for the related Product line(s). Is in permanent contact with the Engineers in the related Business and assist, coaches and helps them with respect to improve technical knowledge and skills – this may include deploying service trainings. Is responsible for all the information flow between the Factory and the European Field Service Organization.
- Is the single point of contact for all the business partners in the factory for the assigned products.
- Responsible to improve MTTI, MTTR, MTBF in all Europe for the related Products by improving the skill set of the Field Service Engineers together with the Team Leaders
- Performs all Service Activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
- Assure responsive telephone support and diagnostic as well as on-site Services to exceed the customers’ expectation and making them successful by using Thermo Fisher Scientific instruments. Actively promote our contract products.
- Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible. Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Is responsible to manage the company’s assets provided, such as Car Stock/Inventory of Parts, Computer, Telephone, general Tools, Software, Company Car, Manuals etc..
- Optimize the own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatching function, Manager, others).
- Is responsible to report accurate and timely of all activities as required (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.)
- Assures alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of Thermo Fisher Scientific and informs other parts of Thermo Fisher Scientific of important information with respect to our customers (e.g. information about new purchases to sales/lead generation)
- Professional background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering or related subjects.
- Must be experienced with Multi collector / Nobel gas analyser products in a 2nd level technical support function, an FSE role, or equivalent.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions.
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written.
- Additional Language skills are a positive asset
- PC skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel through Europe/European Territory. For Training, escalations or customer Visits, international traveling including all EMEA Territory, the US, and APAC may be required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete your application on https://jobs.thermofisher.com/