About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific has an immediate need for a Senior Financial Analyst to support the Life Science Solutions Group. This role will closely interact with the operations teams in support of driving advanced analytics for Supply Chain and Procurement organizations to deliver sustainable cost reductions. This position will be located in Carlsbad, CA and will provide for future growth opportunities within the finance organization.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is a role that requires a self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving capabilities. This is a critical to organization role with high visibility to the greater finance organization as well as the leadership team.
- Review, analyze and perform all duties required to effectively monitor supply chain cost
- Optimize business performance by providing Supply Chain cost support and financial analysis to internal teams.
- Provide leadership to the Supply Chain Finance Group to ensure continued professional development and technical skills
- Drive financial analysis, interpretation and communication of key issues and metrics to leadership along with recommendations for course correction
- Track Operational Metrics / KPIs and manage performance. Maintain a “pulse” on business trends and perform dynamic planning to help Supply Chain Operations meet business goals
- Lead or participate in projects to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the finance department as well as supported business partners;
- Drive financial data analytics, defining relevant information and interpreting the results for the purpose of determining past financial performance and potential risks and opportunities for the future performance. Develop various financial reports for forecasting, trending, budgeting and results analysis;
- Lead month-end and quarter-end executive reporting process; be able to communicate the findings and action items clearly to the leadership team;
- Assist with annual planning cycle by facilitating global STRAP/AOP process with the operations and corporate FP&A teams;
- Participate and provide required leadership in facilitating various teams’ initiatives and projects;
Key Success Factors:
- Self-initiative and sense of ownership in work;
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player. Must possess problem solving skills and be results oriented;
- Work well under pressure and able to prioritize to meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required;
- Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well as the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information;
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Providing timely, accurate, relevant information and analysis is a must;
- Ability to extract key message from various data sources is required;
Education and Experience:
- BA degree in finance/accounting or other business related discipline
- 5+ years of finance related experience
- Systems experience: Hyperion Essbase
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.