About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Drives solid understanding of cost structure/drivers and partners with the ops leadership team to drive productivity
- Seeks opportunities for cost reduction, efficiency gains, contingency planning while balancing availability and quality goals.
- Supports and manages monthly/quarterly analytics, reporting & forecasting.
- Facilitates robust and transparent analytical processes, and communicates risks and opportunities timely along with appropriate steps for corrective action.
- Supports development of annual operating plan and cost roll/margin move implications.
- Supports financial modeling and analysis for key business initiatives (capacity expansions, PL transfers, site moves etc).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP and Cost Accounting principles
- Interfaces effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment with all levels of the organization.
- Communicates and demonstrates judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal customers within a matrix organization.
- Provides efficient, accurate, relevant and timely, information and analysis.
- Possesses initiative, enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player.
- Works independently, meets deadlines, and interacts effectively with global team in a matrix organization.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years of relevant Finance experience
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Software/Systems: Strong excel skills a must. Knowledge of Cognos, Hyperion/Essbase, SAP, E1, EDW.
- Operations Finance or Cost Accounting experience is desired.