Job Title: Senior Manager, Procurement
Requisition ID: 37970BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
- Direct and coordinate activities involving purchasing and distribution of materials, equipment, supplies and services throughout the organization.
- Develop quality suppliers who will meet or exceed company delivery, quality, and cost objectives.
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain the best value for the organization.
- Responsible for meeting inventory goals for purchased material quarterly as well as year-end.
- Implement programs and tracking tools to ensure goals are achieved.
- Participate and report status to senior management as required at operations reviews.
- Establish, implement, and maintain procedures for maintaining purchasing and supplier quality rating systems.
- Prepares reports and required documents.
- Determine and enforce, through functional groups, document requirements relating to purchasing and supplier rating system in order to meet internal and external needs.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for purchasing, expediting and managing the supplier rating system.
- Works with Quality, R&D, Production and Accounting to develop new suppliers as required to meet changing demands.
- Analyze business conditions to determine present and future needs for supplies and materials.
- Lead Global Procurement Projects.
- Report metrics on group performance
- Set an example for effective communications within and outside the department.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, performance reviews and career development for your team. This position will require the flexibility to travel domestically and internationally on a routine basis. Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in business or related fields
- Minimum 7 years business experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.