About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands, Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the market leader in providing world-class products and services to forensic DNA databasing and casework testing labs. The Forensic Science Applications Group (FSAG) within the Human Identification (HID) business is key to ensuring that customer perspective is incorporated during product development and that the highest quality products most applicable to the forensic DNA workflow are available to our customers. The FSAG ensures that internal and external customers have the technical knowledge and confidence required to implement advanced technologies into laboratory systems. Our team is highly mission-driven, committed to advancing solutions that crime laboratories and justice departments around the world use to support conviction of dangerous criminals and freedom for the innocent.
This role is responsible for representing the global needs of forensic/HID customers on product development and ensuring that the products are developed and validated with the appropriate degree of rigor. Additionally, this role is responsible for global training and communication of technical information about new products internally and externally.
- Recognized as a Forensic Subject Matter Expert (SME), providing insights, leadership and strategic direction internally and externally. Scope covering both centralized and de-centralized database efforts, casework, products, competitors and customer needs.
- Understand, develop, follow and be accountable for the SME aspects of Product Commercialization Process (PCP) for products within new product initialization (NPI) programs.
- Ensure that the global customer base is represented during design and development of products through extensive technical engagement with customers and internal field-based teams.
- Construct, contribute to and edit technical customer letters and marketing materials ensuring the messaging is tailored and relevant to the target forensic customers and markets by leveraging forensic expertise and deep end user experience and knowledge.
- Develop and manage validation projects with external collaborators to ensure successful partnerships and completion of accurate technical data.
- Deliver technical presentations at scientific meetings and promotional events and active participation of technical literature that supports the use of HID products
- Work closely with HID global research and development, product development, and field-based teams to ensure that the requirements of the global customer base are being incorporated during product development.
- Deploy internal and external training to customers and internal teams to educate on new technology.
Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline
Forensic Science Background/Experience
- Ideally more than 10 years of experience in Forensic science market as an end user. Experience in multiple laboratory systems is a plus.
- Experience across all facets of the forensic DNA analysis workflow from sample collection to data analysis.
- This person will interface closely with R&D, product management, field application specialists (FAS), Quality, HID Professional Services and Technical/Customer Support in the achievement of the highest quality products for the forensic DNA workflow.
- Extensive technical engagement internally and with customers in all regions.
- Experience in the development and delivery of technical training content.
- Possession of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues and customers.
- In-depth knowledge of Thermo Fisher Scientific Human Identification products.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Track record of success in technical scientifically based products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and articulate end user unmet needs and requirements for strategic and/or complex products, soliciting and integrating Voice of Customer and User Centered Innovation inputs.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors.
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable.
- Organized with strong project management skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude.
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others; team-first attitude.
Based out of South San Francisco with 25-50% travel (domestic and international) required on a periodic basis.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.