The role of the Group Key Account Manager is to provide sales direction, strategy and leadership for the Key Account Managers to ensure sales performance and objectives are met along with the strategic management of selected strategic accounts. The position is also responsible for the relationship between assigned key accounts and Thermo Fisher Scientific. Specifically the position will plan and execute an account strategy designed to maximize share of wallet and partner with key customers at the highest levels.
- Create the overall strategy for assigned accounts; incorporating business unit level account goals and objectives.
- Manager allocated key accounts as assigned by management in addition to managing the overall results of direct reports
- Manage the interface between the account and Thermo Fisher Scientific ANZ.
- Develop relationships at senior levels within the account to advance Thermo Fisher’s access and opportunities.
- Align specific proposals and offerings to company objectives by working with product management and sales teams across business units.
- Leverage a customized customer value proposition across the breadth of the portfolio to drive growth and business objectives.
- Own the business objectives for the account strategy including umbrella financial objectives and compliance metrics.
- Define opportunities and initiatives such as bundles, incentives, and rebates to bias the relationship towards significant improvement in share of wallet with Thermo Fisher Scientific ANZ.
- Conduct regular key account reviews and business updates to key stakeholders within client companies and within Thermo Fisher Scientific ANZ.
- Prepare regular reports on opportunities, key accounts, customers, competitors and market and participate in business reviews.
- Ensure the Key Account Management team achieves sales and margin targets for their designated region by effectively managing and growing their existing customer base and generating new business opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or a related discipline
- Sales Management experience advantageous or at least 10 years experience in a direct sales role
- Experience within the scientific, medical or pharmaceutical market, either in sales or distribution and support
- Previous people leadership experience either formally or informally
- Proven track record of successful capture of share of wallet from key accounts.
Skills & Attributes
- A passion for sales success.
- Strong sales leadership attributes with a demonstrated track record of success in growing a business.
- Experience in developing high performing commercial teams. Outstanding leadership skills and ability to motivate and engage employees.
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximise business opportunities and market potential.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to report clearly and concisely and manage accurate sales forecasting.
- Strong collaboration skills and prior experience working across teams in a large organisation with a matrix structure.
Other Important Information
- Travel requirement for this position >50%.