Job Title: APAC Commercial Director, Microbiology (MBD)
Requisition ID: 41918 BR
Reports To: Sales and Marketing Vice President, MBD
Group/Division: Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) / Microbiology (MBD)
Location: In region (Hong Kong / Singapore preferred)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The position is responsible for MBD revenue plan in region with aim to maximize sales volume and profit while adhering to the company’s quality, personnel, regulatory and other specified policies. This role needs to adapt style to reflect mixed channel to market and different structures within region.
Manage direct sales teams and channel partners to sell, position, negotiate and win new business that results in profitable sales growth of Thermo Scientific Microbiology products.
Work with the MBD APAC Regional Marketing Manager and Country Commercial Leaders in the matrix environment, to plan, coordinate and direct activities of field sales teams and distributors, to maximize revenue.
Work with supply chain and customer service partners in the MBD factories, to ensure the right products are in the right locations in the right quantities so that revenue targets are met.
- Leads and influences regional commercial team to meet or exceed annual sales targets
- Develops and manages the annual process of: creating sales strategies and plans, sales assumptions and projections, sales goals, compensation, incentives, bonus and expenses. Evaluates market conditions and the timely adjustment of sales strategy to successfully adapt to those changes.
- Leads countries to identify product gaps and long-term opportunities. Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which is consistent with its long term objectives.
- Provide leadership and management direction that enables the commercial organizations in region to execute the tactical sales plan. Communicates that company’s goals and objectives to the commercial team so it’s clear how their responsibilities are connected to the success of the business.
- Responsible for harmonizing process, sharing best practice and driving synergies across the region.
- Assures that the Commercial functions maintain and support company Quality Policy and Regulatory adherence.
- Ensures that products are sold in accordance with budgeted objectives to maximize sales volume and profitability in relation to preset goals.
- In conjunction with country and regional leadership and finance, sets pricing policies and approves all pricing exceptions, contract pricing, terms and adherence of pricing policies by sales organization.
- Monitors and reports monthly the status of: sales vs. target, expenses vs. target, sales incentives, bonuses and promotion programs.
- Establishes and maintains top level contact with the management of existing and potential key customers across the region.
- Leads the Commercial Operations in the process of directing activities utilizing the CRM system employed by MBD
- Leads the regional marketing team for tactical implementation of the global plan
- Facilitates the integration of regional sales input into the development of new products, customer requirements and product development. Facilitates the involvement of field sales in new product development
- Works closely with Country/Group Vice Presidents, country leaders, distributor principals and divisional leadership teams
- Needs to work closely and influence functional leads within region
- Support the Country Commercial Leaders to ensure efficient supply of goods through to their end-users from MBD factories
- Ensure all business is conducted in accordance with Thermo Fisher policies, and that all direct reports work in a safe working environment
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in commercial and general management in the health care industry. It would be advantageous to have experience in the diagnostics industry.
- Need previous track record of leading successful direct sales teams and channel partners across APAC region.
- Demonstrable skills in Leadership, Managing & Coaching, Analytical and Administrative Skills
- Strong English skills essential, written and spoken.
- Ability to travel 50-70% of time
Non-negotiable hiring criteria
- Need previous track record of leading successful direct sales teams across APAC which consistently met or exceeded targets
- Experience in managing channel partner relationships and driving revenue through distributors.
- Role model leader who champions employee development
- Demonstrated success in working in a complex global matrix environment, including influencing a shared service model.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Indeed Posting Code: *IND-APAC
LinkedIn Posting Code: *LI-KP1