The role of Instrument Specialist – Clinical is responsible for achievement of annual goals for instrumentation within the clinical segment of the Microbiology Division (MBD). The portfolio of products used to achieve these goals includes the following:
- Sensititre Automation and related consumables
- VersaTREK Automation and related consumables
- WASP Automation
The Instrument Specialist is responsible for technical selling, presentation/demonstration, coordination of site visits and overall movement of opportunities from Qualified to Closed stages within the instrument pipeline for the assigned region. This role works closely with 3 to 4 Account Manager’s within the region to achieve stated goals.
- Develop a territory business plan in order to achieve and exceed sales plan; monitors and reports progress regularly. Monitor business progress and advises MBD management of results. Take corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
- In concert with the Account Managers and Corporate Account Managers in the region, responsible for accurate forecasting and reporting of Instrument funnel (30-60-90) and the post sales responsibility of bringing instruments to a “Go Live” status.
- Serve as the technical and operational subject matter expert for the respective product lines.
- Maintain thorough understanding of competitors and their product lines, and can communicate the competitive advantages of MBD products relative to competitive platforms; gathers and shares information across the organization to the benefit of commercial strategy.
- Execute with commercial excellence a strategic sales plan for each account targeted for capture as part of the business plan for their “Pod”.
- Act as a leader within the sales organization; provides training, coaching and overall guidance to Account Managers and others involved in the sales process to elevate the level of technical knowledge and competency.
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and training programs as required by the Regional Business Manager or Marketing.
- Constantly strive to improve strategic selling skills, product knowledge, knowledge of competition and market dynamics, and how Thermo Fisher Microbiology solutions best fit the customer needs.
- Accountable for maintaining CRM as well as monthly reporting and forecasting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct one’s self as a professional representative of Microbiology Division, remembering that your conduct and appearance will be judged by our customers and the general public and that in many cases this will be primary only contact with the company.
- BS/BA required
- Proven track record of success
- Works independently and in a self directed manner
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience using CRM required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong presentation skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary
- Extensive travel (80%) throughout region required
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology, Life Science or Business majors preferred
- Microbiology knowledge and/or knowledge of clinical laboratory operations
- 3-5+ years of sales experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific Microbiology products
- Capital Equipment sales in the clinical setting experience
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.