With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, Thermo Fisher Scientific enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. Thermo Fisher designs, manufactures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide Thermo Fisher team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing sales/account management activities for all assigned locations, defining and driving sales strategies, providing leadership to subordinates and ensuring the achievement of bookings, revenue and business goals.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Own all sales/ account management responsibilities of specified Thermo Fisher products to all sites including resolving any issues.
- Define, align and implement Account Strategy for the Cell and Structural Biology markets.
- Maintain accurate quarterly booking forecasts.
- Understand all budget issues at each customer and take strategic action.
- Confirm all system configurations, specifications and acceptance conditions are appropriate for closing orders.
- Manage all User Group activity by product as required.
- Manage system demonstrations by working closely with application engineers and product marketing managers.
- Manage the sales booking process.
- Manage product issues in the field by working closely with the Account service group and application engineers for solutions.
- Work with Thermo Fisher Service to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
This position is ideal for an experienced professional wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a university degree, preferably in Cell or Structural Biology.
- Typically requires 5 years of sales management experience in a related product area.
- Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction and closure of sales and other issues.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills to a diverse audience is critical to the success of this position.
- Systematic problem solving by working with customers and account team.
- Presentation skills and creating materials for presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work in good cooperation within an account team.
- Ability to travel to customer sites and factory locally and internationally.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This position requires a criminal history background check. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the applicant from employment. A drug screen will also be administered.