Interim Global Product Manager - Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (AST)
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Working within our Speciality Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), the Global Product Manager for our AST product range is an interim position for 12 months covering maternity leave.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager who wants to work within a global organization that enables individuals to reach their best through continuous challenges and expansive opportunities. You’ll be part of a team of employees who share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Develop and implement 1-5 year strategic portfolio plan for AST products and customer solutions.
- Ensure the Voice of the Customer and market needs define new and enhanced products that solve customer challenges.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the new Product development process to ensure the product meets the Voice of Customer driven product design specification.
- Develop and execute product launch plans, in collaboration with Global and regional marketing ensuring a compelling value proposition and positioning.
- Develop and implement training programs with a ‘train-the-trainer’ ethos that enables capability and confidence to over-sell specific products in the AST range.
- Propose budget guidelines and review regional sales plans ensuring accurate demand forecasting.
- Develop global tools to support the implementation of strategies to support sales to reach targets.
- Co-ordinate implementation of corrective actions including production of required marketing and technical literature.
- Develop margin expansion through management of product value stream, range rationalization and clear price guidance to the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement in line with the demands of the customer
- Scientific degree
- International travel will be required
- Demonstrable passion for improving patient outcomes, for example in developing and launching new initiatives (e.g. lab automation, LIMS, interfacing with clinical stakeholders, infection control).
- Strong track record in sales/Marketing demonstrating business acumen
- International work experience is highly valued as is the command of language(s) beyond English
- Business and/ or Marketing qualifications
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com