When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Supervisors a team of Receiving, Put-Away, Picking, Packing, and/or Shipping and holds team accountable for all day-to-day activities.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed accurately and efficiently.
- Reviews all internal reports with Distribution Manager to measure and assess operational effectiveness, to ensure timely shipment of all orders and adherence to facility goals.
- Works and communicates directly with the Distribution Manager to ensure total P & L goals and objectives are being met. Is creative in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures that storage of materials is in keeping with State, DEA, ATF and OSHA regulations.
- Resolves problems that prevent a timely and efficient handling of inbound and/or outbound orders.
- Attends meetings with personnel to review performance/results and perform operational training.
- Assists with the department training needs.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining SOP’s for Distribution Center.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics Management or related field.
- 4+ years of progressive management experience in a distribution operations environment.
- Must have knowledge of operational safety and health requirements and knowledge of regulatory requirements including DOT and HAZMAT.
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate a large number of employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to employees, peers, various levels of management, and have a strong customer orientation to develop strong customer relationships.
- Must be computer literate and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Word, and Excel and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Strong written and communication skills to clearly express ideas, share information with employees, communicate well with customers and various management levels of the Distribution organization.
- Experience in developing and delivering training related to warehouse operations, including compliance training, write procedures and develop plans.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work in a warehouse environment with no air conditioning in the summer.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics Management or related field.
- Basic understanding of transportation related issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, understand and act on and resolve issues with creative problem solving.
- Possess strong organizational skills to meet deadlines, assist staff in prioritizing work and handle multiple projects.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine issues.
- Ability to handle conflict well and give positive and negative feedback along with managing performance issues.
- PPI/Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience.
- APICS CPIM and/or CSCP certification.
- Skilled in WMS, Access and/or SQL database experience.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.