When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Technical Product Manager will demonstrate a thorough understanding of Bioproduction workflow with a focus on Quality and Safety testing including Quality Control Microbiology, Protein Characterization, Contaminant and Impurity detection and quantitation. Knowledge of the competitive landscape, analytical methods and tools, critical customer and regulatory requirements for the pharmaceutical industry and internal operational processes is expected.
This position will provide technical leadership in the generation and management of content supporting both external and internal marketing and training requirements. This role will work closely with product management, market development and research and applications teams to build strong portfolio of technical contents aligned with strategic business needs as well as developing and nurturing key industry partners to act as product champions providing external sources of reference material. This role will act as strong industry facing technical voice of the product line, presenting at key events, industry conferences, customer meetings as well as authoring publications or trade articles.
• Technical content generation and management
• Align with Product management and market development on key messaging and product positioning to develop roadmap for key technical collateral required to support strategic business needs
• Work with product management to create compelling technical content for both internal and external channels such as customer facing presentations, web content, advertisements, webinars, conference presentations and user manuals. Ensure that prioritization occurs and plans are in place for R&D, Applications and Field Applications teams to deliver data for content generation.
• Work with (external) agency partners to develop, deliver, and re-enforce key messaging
• Partner with market development to develop standardized training program and materials including slides or web presentations for global commercial and FAS teams and act as lead in technical training programs globally
• Develop a program to assess, prioritize and plan for key industry conferences in areas of strategic focus. Act as the lead in generating technical program for the events as well as giving technical presentations or posters when possible
• Work with R&D and FAS on the cultivation of product champions through partnered programs for creation of data or publications highlighting product messaging
• Assist in providing primary market research on key strategic areas as well as Coordination of customer interviews, surveys and VOC to provide marketing, R&D and commercial team intelligence on customer needs, competitive landscape as well as market dynamics
• A Bachelor’s degree in a life science scientific field is required.
• 5 years’ experience in the life science or bioprocess industry with a focus on Quality and Safety Testing and/or Analytical Development supporting Biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
• 2 years of experience marketing or related role preferred
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
• An advanced degree in business or science is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Possess the ability to effectively communicate value propositions and technical information to customers and internal audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a global matrix environment.
Note: this position can work remotely.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.