Are you passionate about next-generation sequencing (NGS) and its contributions to the progression of precision genomics? We are seeking a Market Development Manager for our Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division, focused on driving growth in system sales and attachment of our Ion Torrent™ NGS Platforms, systems software and applications. The Market Development Manager will create and execute on comprehensive marketing plans to develop compelling digital and print marketing collateral and sales enablement tools. S/he will collaborate with product management and regional market development partners to support new product introductions, product updates, and sustaining marketing awareness for the NGS instrument and software product lines, and potentially specific application areas, such as cancer research/oncology or inherited disease research. The successful candidate will be adept at communicating our portfolio of solutions across the continuum, from clinical and translational research to in vitro diagnostics. Working in collaborative, cross-functional teams, the NGS Platforms Market Development Manager will drive all aspects of the downstream marketing effort for this high-visibility product line of Research Use Only and In Vitro Diagnostic Systems, Reagents, and Software.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop strategic, multi-channel integrated marketing plans for areas of responsibility, including customer segmentation, competitor analysis, business trends, market opportunities, and staging and pacing of marketing tactical programs
- Guide the development of copy and creative content for clinical markets, appropriately positioning products for research or in vitro diagnostic use within compliance guidelines, while conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation
- Collaborate and ensure alignment of marketing plans and sales training materials among Product Management, Regional Market Development, Commercial Partners, and other stakeholders
- Develop and execute engaging marketing campaigns to achieve measurable results for new and/or existing products
- Successfully engage with advertising agencies and marketing program managers to deliver high-quality assets, including, but not limited to, creative direction and content for print and digital collateral, PR, social media, customer-facing presentations, global tradeshow properties and promotional materials
- Maintain campaign metrics dashboards to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and competitive activity relevant to clinical and translational research, IVD and CDx markets, or other assigned markets
- Manage marketing budgets and optimize the promotional mix on campaigns to achieve a high return on investment
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, KOL engagement and management, and public presentation
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Immunology, or other life science. Alternatively, degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, with previous work experience in biotechnology, medical devices, or pharmaceutical industry is also acceptable. Advanced scientific degree or MBA are pluses.
- 2-5 years of proven hands-on experience in marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility in the genomics, molecular biology, or molecular diagnostic arenas. Experience marketing IVD products is desirable.
- Self-starter and collaborative within project teams, and successful track record working in complex, matrix environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional skill managing complex marketing projects with a strong attention to detail
- Adept at building and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leaders
- Strong creative intuition on design and messaging that resonates with customers and an ability to learn from previous campaigns to improve on performance
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Experienced and adept with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Approximately 10-15% domestic and international travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.