As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer with the background in chemistry, physics, automation or system engineering. You will be working in an exciting global project and to develop our Vantaa Operations as a center of excellence for IVD instruments. You will be counterpart of R&D scientists on the manufacturing site and work closely with Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Service & Support and Quality to improve manufacturing processes for the new business.
We want an experienced engineer with strong problem-solving, communications and leadership skills. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and way of working, and enjoy training and coaching others. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Develop strong data analysis and data reporting processes for manufacturing process control
- Identify and address data driven initiatives to improve productivity and manufacturing process performance
- Train and coach colleagues to improve the data analysis and data reporting processes
- Troubleshoot and solve problems at complex system level and at the component level including root cause analysis
- Understand and perform risk analysis and mitigation
- Facilitate technical communications between our Finland based and international Operations, R&D and Service&Support teams.
- Work closely with R&D, sourcing and suppliers to ensure that suppliers meet technical expectations and requirements and address corrective actions.
- Conduct failure analysis in support of CAPA and customer issues
- Design and implement manufacturing test methods and equipment as needed.
- MSc/PhD in Chemistry, Physics or Automation/System Engineering or related preferred
- Hands-on knowledge in LC and MS hardware and software, preferably experience of MS and/or LC engineering or instrument engineering in general
- Several years of practical experience in LC/MS techniques and solutions or previous knowledge in clinical applications.
- Several years of experience in complex systems and technical trouble-shooting
- Understanding of (medical device) manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methods
- Knowledge of Statistical Software tools (e.g. MS Excel, Minitab)
- Excellent communication skills both in Finnish and English
- Capability to network and get results in an international, multi-site environment with matrix organization structures
- Willingness to travel moderately
- Ambition to develop him/herself and take on wider leadership responsibilities in the future
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 41969BR. Please apply by the 15th of June.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Nina Björkman-Rintala, PE Manager at 0103292708, on the following times June 5th between 10-11 and June 6th between 14-15.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.