Job Title: Manufacturing Manager Sciences
Requisition ID: 41643BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Manager of Manufacturing Sciences has responsibility for providing strong scientific and technical expertise to all aspects of manufacturing cell culture media. This function also facilitates the transfer of new formulations and products from the R&D group to routine manufacturing and is responsible for ensuring robust and reliable processes, formulations and analytical methods are being developed. The Manufacturing Sciences department works closely with regulatory affairs, quality assurance, other manufacturing plants and engineering to develop and implement strategies for improving existing and new products.
- Lead, train and develop the Manufacturing Sciences team. Define and establish clear objectives and expectations, provide direct feedback routinely for performance management.
- Three functional areas: packaging, product development and scientists.
- Be a visionary of process change and documentation of processes and workflows to achieve operational excellence - guide others toward that vision.
- Drive and lead teams in continuous improvement efforts- identify and addressing root cause situations, and build systems to prevent and correct issues. Conducts financial analysis to forecast and assess project impact.
- Participate as a core team or extended team member for new product introduction.
- Contributes to new product introduction documentation, ensuring that operations concerns are addressed.
- Serves as the Cell Culture Media & Sera network operations product approval committee (PAC) member for new product introductions in the PCP process.
- Establish key performance indicators for projects in area of responsibility that drive change and visibility to the team and leadership. Track, trend, and monitor routinely with active data analysis rigor performed to drive the continuous improvement culture.
- Effectively uses prioritization mechanisms to utilize resources across teams to complete the work on-hand and/or rise to Leadership so that resource needs can be addressed.
- Identify projects and recommends appropriate course of action (e.g. discontinuation, outsource, process improvement) to maximize profitability and supply.
- Have a lead role in the harmonization and technology transfer process for the Media & Sera network to drive risk mitigation, productivity and quality and service improvements.
- Documents SOP’s and work instructions to capture and document processes and procedures.
- Communicate with customers professionally via teleconferences, on-site visits, or customer visits around the services or products.
- Ensure safety is a top priority with active measures in place to drive a safe culture.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or relevant engineering discipline, MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or technical environment performing production/operations and/or project management functions.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Regulated environment is preferred - lifesciences related.
- Practical application experience of Six Sigma and Lean. Green Belt / Black Belt Certification desired.
- This position requires occasional travel to other Thermo Fisher Scientific, customer, and partner sites worldwide (approx 0 – 10%).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.