When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Service Manager is responsible for assisting the senior Regional Service Managers with daily service activities, financial performance, operations delivery, strategic business development, customer relationship management and both employee and customer allegiance in order to meet both customer and company objectives.
- This position will assist in building customer allegiance for our customers in the Western region through increased customer interaction.
- Help improve and standardize service deliverables through coaching and mentoring service engineers on service procedures and customer interactions.
- Help Regional Service Managers (RSMs) in coaching new and experienced service engineers.
- Assist in improving escalation resolution with more detailed attention to problem areas across product lines.
- Work with the Regional Service Managers and help drive Return Material Authorization RMA process to end, including return of suspect system and follow up of unresolved RMAs for parts.
- Focus on a training path, training schedules, mentoring and field experience to achieve certification quickly for service engineers in region.
- Assist in support and coordination of service events to build field experience through mentoring and solo service work to drive certification process.
- Evaluate call history to better plan training and cross training requirements as well as improve call loading.
- Review call log daily and drive improved regional call management.
- Monitor installation site prep to correctly assign and schedule installation.
- Correct and consolidate preventative maintenance (PM) notifications:
- Resolve PM call overloading.
- Increase PM completion “on time” rate.
- Cross check and schedule PM notifications with repair notifications (increased efficiency).
- Provide support on parts order escalation, including review of North American field trunk locations.
- Drive and maintain monthly service engineer inventory optimization levels.
- Help manage the region when the Regional Service Manager is out of the office.
- Assist with interviewing process for the region
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or equivalent work experience
- 5 years field service experience, plus 5 years management/supervisory/leadership experience
- Up to 30% overnight domestic travel required
- Experience in the Life Science industry and field services
- Experience with Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- Technical: Broad laboratory experience (Thermo Fisher Scientific or related equipment)
The territory primarily covers the Northwestern United States, with overnight domestic travel required up to 30%. This position will be based remotely, within the region, ideally in California.
This position has not been approved for relocation.