Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. The Service Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will Perform instrument repairs on equipment containing refrigeration components, including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth. This is a great opportunity for someone with HVAC licensing and experience and a strongdesire to apply their technical aptitude and work ethic to a position that offers excellent career growth opportunities. Starting from the HVAC level, our engineers have the opportunity to advance their skillset training and work on increasingly complex lab equipment.
- Perform instrument repairs on equipment containing refrigeration components.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories.
- Effectively communicate with customer as well as other Service Engineers.
- Represents Unity Lab Services in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Responds to customer service requests through customers service scheduling software.
- Promptly acknowledges receipt, and contacts the end-user to schedule services. Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs and entitlement.
- Communicate schedule of services to Customer Administration and Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Prioritize and multi-task the workload & customer requirements onsite as designated by the manager or lead.
- Seeks assistance from peers when unable to quickly meet the customer’s expectations.
- Close out service activities utilizing administration tools for accurate record keeping, including documenting service calls daily upon completion.
- Maintains personal Service inventory of replacement parts. Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains company assets ( tools, inventory, laptop computer, etc.) in good and working condition.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electro-mechanical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in working with people: customer skills, service administrative and business functions.
- Must demonstrate competency for installations, relocations, calibrations/qualifications, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting/repair, technical support
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings, assembly drawings, wiring and labeling diagrams.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritize the demands of the job (repair calls, preventative maintenance, installations) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- State certification to work on a wide range of products containing refrigeration components is strongly preferred
- 2+ years Service Engineer experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- High school diploma/equivalent required.
This position (has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.