Product Manager qPCR
Job ID :
China - Shanghai
- Along with the general direction of GSD Marketing, the qPCR product manager will own and grow the qPCR franchise to meet target.
- Overall responsibility for creation of all tactical pieces including: Ads, promotions, brochures, data sheets, instruction manuals, flyers, web copy, e-marketing and press releases. Edit and update collateral material –, etc.
- Play as a key liaison and build up two - way communication between global business unit and field organization
- Works closely with sales team/distribution channels/market development team to identify market opportunities, and ensure the field is adequately updated with product knowledge to function efficiently and effectively.
- Act as the primary source for technical information regarding products and applications
- Provides marketing support for sales reps, dealers and customers
- Assisting the marketing team in the development and implementation of various product and application launches, pricing strategies, content generation and messaging.
- Perform market research to qualify new product development ideas. Collect competitor information and monitor market trend. Optimizes and maintains a database of competitive intelligence
- Provide quarterly and annually product sales analysis for existing products.
- Other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Extensive experience and understanding of life science, molecular biotechnologies, clinical/diagnostic products and how it can be applied in Life Science research, Applied Biotechnologies, Molecular Medicine or Molecular Diagnostics markets
- First-hand knowledge of qPCR products, markets, vendors, and customers. Marketing experience in life science business.
- Strong communication skills. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to effect productive relationships across all disciplines internally and nurturing of 3rd party relationships
- Experience working across a matrix organization in a core team capacity. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Decisive, disciplined, and creative person who can effectively advance the interests of the life science business across different platform of technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required)
- Ability work flexibly and thrive in a fast changing environment
- Must have strong problem solving skills and willingness to tackle new challenges
- Fluent English speaking and writing.
- Master's Degree or above in a Life Science disciplines (Biochemistry /Molecular Biology /Clinical Medicine/ Clinical Genetics preferred)
- At least 3 years marketing/technical support experience or product management experience in related market is preferred.