Job Title: Engineering Technician / Assistant
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to: Engineer Manager
Supports engineering projects by adapting and applying engineering techniques; documenting designs for manufacturing; conducting tests and experiments; preparing reports and calculations associated with the design, construction, testing and operation of Instrumentation Systems for a highly regulated industry.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Read and create schematic diagrams from system to the component level.
- Read and create electronic assembly drawings documents.
- Read and verify mechanical assembly drawings.
- Create and perform tests for instrumentation systems.
- Control and manage design documents in a highly regulated environment
- Work with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and Designers for electronics packaging as needed to complete projects and tasks.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- A.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years of OEM engineering experience
- Experience with PADS Logic and Layout
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics and manufacturing drawings
- Ability to create and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint files
- Be familiar with ERP (create material, BoM and ECO, run reports, perform AML maintenance) systems
- Executes to deadlines and milestones
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced or additional degree in a related discipline