When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing, global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world safer, cleaner and healthier.
Job Title: Technical Writer
- Production and maintenance of documentation relating to the build, test, system configurations, operation and support for San Diego site products
- Maintain integrity of documents to comply with and be incorporated into the company’s quality procedures including…
- Creating and maintaining system documentation.
- Documentation at close-out of systems
- System pre-shipment photographs and other records
- Creating and updating work instructions / build procedures (SOPs)
- Working with subject matter experts for production and maintenance of appropriate product documentation for worldwide users and engineers
- User Manuals and related documentation
- Engineer Service documentation
- Customer-facing Marketing and Sales related information including application notes, brochures and sales-aid tools.
- To support required documentation and other activities related to compliance accreditations and standards, such as CE marking, TuV, NRTL and Product Safety legislation.
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement / Lean / PPI (Practical Process Improvement) initiatives
- Any other duties as required for the role
- Able to understand and clearly communicate complex technical information
- Minimum HNC/HND in Engineering or related subject
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other documentation tools at an advanced level.
- Use of graphics software to manipulate images and pictures for publication
- Good presentation skills and professionalism when creating documentation
- Attention to detail and accuracy when producing and maintaining documentation
- Dynamic and able to drive change in process
- Being a team player and encourage teamwork
- A working knowledge of Lean methodologies would be an advantage
- Strong user of current technology
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.