The Data Analyst Global Sourcing is responsible for collecting, modeling and analyzing data in support of sourcing strategies, contract negotiations and supplier business reviews. This individual will work closely with data providers and category leaders to achieve high data accuracy and provide analytical insights.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform spend and multivariate portfolio analyses to understand key business drivers and identify sourcing opportunities.
- Conduct category, industry and supplier market research; identify relevant trends and factors for consideration in sourcing strategy development.
- Build electronic RFI/RFP/RFQs, analyze supplier responses, and develop conclusions/provide recommendations to category leaders
- Build cost models and other pricing analytical tools in support of contract negotiations and make vs. buy decisions
- Serve as a leader for the sourcing analyst community; be a super-user for our strategic sourcing technology and provide training on this and other analytical tools.
- Will create, maintain and distribute reports including but not limited to: Project Status reports, Savings tracking reports, eRFI / eRFP activity reports
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance, and/or a technical field.
- Two to three years experience in an analytical role.
- Expertise in statistical and financial models and strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in use of analytical software (MS Excel minimum requirement)
- Ability to multi-task in a highly matrixed work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills with demonstrated ability to take initiative and drive projects to completion
- Use of advanced analytical tools, such as Tableau, STATA, MatLab, etc.
- Experience with translational databases (e.g., MS Access) and coding (e.g., Macros) is a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain, or procurement is a plus.
- Experience training diverse groups preferred