As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Clinical Application Specialist, Bioinformatics
We are currently looking for a Clinical Applications Specialist with a background in Next Generation Sequencing and Diagnostics Informatics to further strengthen our team. You would be part of a field based team focused on supporting the clinical testing market from a software/analysis perspective. The role would be field based in North America.
Develop Thermo Fisher business and relationship by providing:
- Support the Clinical market on the software/analysis for our Thermo Fisher Scientific / Ion Torrent product portfolio (mainly NGS)
- Promotion of clinical solution to existing customers
- Owning the implementation of assays and products / clinical solutions within customer sites
- Responsible for maximizing customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers or potential influencers
- Understanding the clinical landscape and develop a strategy how to best tackle the clinical markets with Clinical Sales counterparts
- Manage relationships with key Thermo Fisher Scientific collaborating partners
Job duties will include the following tasks:
- Review and assist customers with analyses of their Ion Torrent data using Torrent Suite and Ion Reporter software packages
- Help customers design and conducts experiments to assist in evaluations of Ion Torrent / Thermo Fisher products
- Promote new products (clinical solutions) on customer sites and in conferences/user meetings
- Work in collaboration with the Clinical Account Manager to set up the best support strategy for each customer site
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Maintain and develop the CRM database
- Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis
- Obtain successful adoption of the technology within all applied markets while investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically
- Align with other teams in the company on a regular basis
- Estimated 50% travel.
Experience/Qualifications/Qualities that are important in this role
- Graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology or bioinformatics preferred
- Knowledge of Linux and scripting required
- Experience in bioinformatics application is mandatory. Molecular biology experience is strongly desirable
- Previous experience as application specialist desirable (NGS experience desirable)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
- Strong drive for success
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable skills