The purpose of this position is to support and service our customer base across the range of our LC/LCMS portfolio. Working within our broader national Technical Services team you will need to have experience on Thermo Fisher Scientific LC/LCMS applications.
As this role is customer facing, you will also need to have some experience liaising with customers and have strong written and spoken communication skills.
- To install, maintain and repair Thermo Fisher Scientific's range of instruments (primarily LC/LCMS) in a professional and reliable manner.
- To train customers in the routine use of Thermo Fisher Scientific's range of LC/LCMS instruments in a professional and reliable manner
- To achieve minimum call turnaround for all customers.
- To achieve service revenue budget.
- To assist your sales team to achieve sales and margin (gross) targets for their designated Portfolio so that growth and performance objectives are exceeded.
- To be highly responsive and proactive in dealing with customer's needs to ensure customer satisfaction is priority.
- To carry out your employment in an efficient and commercially appropriate manner.
- Be responsible for fostering a partnership with the business Group's customers by providing them with advice and technical support that will help them gain the most from the products that we sell them.
- Perform in accordance with the AS/NZS ISO9002: 1994 Quality Standard, as detailed in the Company's Quality Manual.
- Perform to designated goals of turn-around-time, response time, repair rate and customer expectations.
- Promote and develop the Technical Service capability.
- Take ownership for customer satisfaction for services performed.
- Perform in accordance all relevant certification procedures, such as NATA, ISO.
- Manage the service process from allocation to completion, including administration of call closure and parts accounting to allow for completion of invoicing to meet service revenue.
- Tertiary qualification in a Scientific (chemistry/physics) discipline preferred.
- Experience (> 5 years)in the routine operation and maintenance of LC/LCMS
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Microsoft office.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Organisational skills with an ability to prioritise manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- A dedication and commitment towards displaying a professional and positive attitude to work.
- An individual who has the ability to work autonomously, and has an enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude while being a supportive team player.
- Ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with our customers, suppliers and peers.