When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Laboratory Chemicals Products is currently seeking a chemical packager for our Fair Lawn, NJ facility.
Position Summary: Charges, operates, discharges and tends a number of pieces of equipment to perform chemical or physical operations to produce material. Exercises control over process operations in accordance with instructions. May be required to keep a log (manual or electronic) of such operations, noting therein process data necessary to proper control. Takes samples and runs tests when necessary. Requires a detailed knowledge of the processes and generally works under close to moderate supervision. Takes instruction and learns new process equipment and instrumentation as required.
- Packs and weighs or measures material into containers, and labels these containers. Records information as required to insure inventory accuracy as it pertains to store room operations.
- Required to see that proper containers, safety equipment and clothing are used in conjunction with the job. Subdivides bulk chemicals into raw materials as required.
- Moves materials within the plant, verifying and recording part numbers, lots, quantities, locations, work order numbers, etc., using manual and automatic materials handling equipment including fork lift trucks as required to insure accurate locating and issuing of raw materials.
- Loads and unloads drums and other supplies.
- Moves and loads non-product output, including off-spec and waste materials.
- Keeps accurate records to insure inventory accuracy and that accurate quantities and log numbers are used in manufacturing jobs.
- Responsible for working safely and for producing quality products in scheduled quantities. Is expected to do everything possible to minimize downtime and material losses.
- Clean or assist in cleaning process equipment as necessary. Takes inventories and performs as required other duties incidental to the position.
- Relieves Senior Tissue Prep Operator for short periods. May assist in training new employees on the Chemical Operator job. Keeps work area clean. Keeps equipment in good working condition by checking batteries, calibrating meters and scales, etc.
- Will perform all other duties as may apply to the existing job description.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in chemical processing, hazardous material handling or manufacturing experience in a production environment
- Positive approach and demeanor; excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
- Able to work in a fast paced, production environment
- This is a second shift position 4:00 PM-12:30 AM. Overtime may be required.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.