When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: You will be a part of an extraordinary team that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community. This includes manufacturing specialty equipment such as ultra-low temperature freezers, high performance refrigeration units, furnaces and centrifuges. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Onsite Support for all the IEC VHEN owned projects – Asheville point of contact
- Physical coordination of parts during project builds.
- Testing support.
- Provide visual feedback and other feedback to engineering team.
- Clearly communicate any issues with testing, logistics, assembly, etc… for off-site engeineers
- Facilitate cross functional approvals through various project phases.
- Direct interaction \\ Followup with the CFT based on their availability (ME\\SQE\\Sourcing\\Service \\ Lab Techinician\\ Model shop \\ Materials team)
- Participate in the Line standup meeting to escalate\\Request on critical items\\projects
- Participate in the Gemba activities & document meeting minutes for all the offshore owned projects
- Person must have string interpersonal skills to be demonstrate he can work good well in a dynamic team work environment.
- Must have 5 plus years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to problem solve with limited guidance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, fabricate, build and maintain a variety of component test fixtures and prototype units based on general directions given by the designing engineer. A general knowledge of mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, and data acquisition will be required in order to transform provided general directions into final detailed deliverables. Skills required include:
- Ability to read basic mechanical, refrigeration and electrical drawings.
- Metal fabrication using hand tools and manual shop equipment.
- CAD skills in SolidWorks ia a plus.
- Refrigeration system fabrication, troubleshooting and testing.
- Create and modify controls and data acquisition programs in National Instruments LabVIEW.
- Knowledge of NI TestStand preferred.
- Wiring and assembly of electromechanical components such as motors, compressors, fans, valves, relays, etc….
- Identify and order components necessary to build fixtures based on specifications given or required.
- Conduct testing at various system and subsystem levels per Engineering Test Procedures. This will include setup, monitoring, data collection and trouble shooting of tests.
- Conduct general preventative maintenance plus diagnose and repair failures on a variety of test fixtures.
- Evaluate components after testing and create custom reports of the results. This may include disassembly of parts, visual inspection, measurement, microscopic evaluation, etc….
- Instrumentation of prototype units, systems and fixtures including but not limited to thermocouples, transducers, force gauges, calipers etc…. Knowledge of Fluke Netdaq data logging systems and National Instruments DAQ systems is preferred.
- Work closely with engineering and production team members to ensure accurate, efficient and timely execution of required prototyping, fabrication and testing work and drive tasked work to completion
- Conduct product evaluation testing and troubleshooting at system, subsystem and component level.
- Strong knowledge base in refrigeration, brazing and electrical wiring areas.
- General knowledge required in the following areas: electronics, MS Office, metal work, testing, and data acquisition.
- High levels of self-discipline, drive, and a proven ability work well in a cross functional team environment.
- Universal refrigeration license holder is required or show future plans for obtaining one.
- Willingness and ability to work with issues on factory floor and have proven experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Maintain clean and organized work area in a “5s” environment.
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks concomitantly (Multitasking).
- Higher level education (AS, BS, BA) in the related fields is preferred and can be substituted for experience.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.