Job Title: Sr. Director of PPI Business System
Requisition ID: 40891BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
The role leads setting the strategic plan relative to the PPI Business System, along with the development, deployment and maturity progression of the detailed PPI roadmap across the Life Sciences Solutions Group. This includes leading a team of five direct reports, along with an extended team of 40+ indirect reports, to grow the adoption of the PPI Business System for maximum impact and cultural transformation across the extended enterprise (SG&A, Operations and four Divisions). It includes coordinating the group and divisional strategy deployment plans, creating (and executing against) the continuous-improvement vision and developing PPI leadership capability throughout the organization. It is responsible for partnering with and coaching leadership teams to create a continuous improvement culture that routinely hits its goals relative to profitable growth, productivity, customer allegiance, quality and cash flow.
- Work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Responsible for facilitating/enabling the implementation of the PPI Business System to enable key sites to become true Centers of Excellence.
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Establish and mature the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, Gemba walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change
- Work closely with business leadership and PPI steering committees to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support the PPI Business System.
- Provide ongoing Lean support to multiple teams
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
- A Lean Expert with an 10+ years experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based business systems including elements such as:
- Strategy Deployment: X-Matrix and/or A3 thinking
- Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
- Value-stream mapping
- Kaizen events on cell design/3P, standard work, error-proofing, material flow, Kanban, visual management, etc.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both operational and non-operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, operations or business
- Able to travel domestically and internationally; ~50%
- Leadership roles from disciplines such as operations, commercial, engineering, quality, or product management
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods (SIOP, Customer Connections, Strategic Sourcing, etc.)
- MBA degree preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.