When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally.
- Coordinate daily production activities to meet safety, quality, productivity, on-time delivery targets and revenue.
- Identify material/capacity constraints and resolve issues, including material shortages, prioritizing support functions (receiving, inspection, mfg. engineering, etc.) and escalating issues
- Ensure that safe work practices are in use at all times including teams adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements of the job function (i.e. safety glasses, ESD protection)
- Responsible for ensuring accurate material transactions from the team in Intuitive.
- Manage daily cycle count activities and participate in reconciliation efforts
- Ensure production activities are completed in accordance with design and process documentation
- Lead daily production meetings and assist with creating and publishing daily/weekly/monthly tracking metrics
- Assist with training and coaching of the production workforce (through documentation), and with completion of PMD’s for production personnel.
- Complete annual Performance Review’s for direct reports
- Participate and lead improvement events (such as Kaizen, 5S, Practical Process Improvement); coach and mentor direct reports to drive PPI as part of standard work.
- Work with peer supervisors to consolidate orders and flex resources
- Coordinate, report and manage direct reports paid time off schedules and timecards
- High school diploma or equivalent (college degree or equivalent experience preferred)
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years experience supervising a group preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Intuitive.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in lean practices and continuous improvements tools
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to provide guidance and mentoring to peers
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.