When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer is responsible for leading efforts to develop electronic products from requirements and project feasibility analysis through release to production. Responsibilities include the implementation of the electrical design, simulation, design characterization, documentation and interaction with contracted designers. He/she will specify, architect, develop, validate and document the implementation of analog subsystems within an embedded processor devices. These devices are typically small form-factor Linux-based, battery operated portable devices.
Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Portable Analytical Instruments Division is seeking a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer with a proven track record. This challenging hands-on engineering position requires an innovative and goal-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary product development team that will design, test, and document electrical systems that will be integrated into state of the art analytical instrumentation, such as XRF elemental analyzers, molecular vibrational spectroscopy, and other analytical technologies. This position will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager for the Research and Development Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analog and digital circuit design for data acquisition
• Design of small, densely laid out electronic boards
• Design for Manufacturing
• Design for Testability
• PCB layout spec and review
• Switching power supply design
• Create schematics
• Validation and debugging of complex systems
- BSEE degree with 6+ years experience
- Analog circuit design experience
- Must be a US Person
Desired Experience and Competencies:
• Design experience with high voltage
• Layout techniques for signal integrity and electro-magnetic compliance.
• Product development expertise working with multiple disciplines such as software development, mechanical design, test engineering, and manufacturing.
• Design for compliance with third party certification: CE Mark, TUV, UL, etc.
• Switching power supply experience
• Embedded systems design
• Experience with integrating and validating peripherals such as USB, Ethernet, 802.11, and Bluetooth
This position does NOT have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.