Job Title: Lead of Marketing and Development, Japan
Reports To: VP/General Manager Japan
Group/Division: Japan Operations
Position Location: Tokyo
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Manage the Thermo Fisher Japan corporate marketing and business development function which composes of the sub-functions; e-commerce, market communications and government affairs, business intelligence, vertical market development. Support the development and implementation of the Japan STRAP.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- eBusiness and eMarketing - Lead the Thermo Fisher Japan eBusiness project supporting the transition from traditional marketing methods to develop and implement and fully optimized eBusiness strategy. Work closely with other functional leads to fully leverage business and customer relationship opportunities generated by the eBusiness environment to fully leverage the strategic opportunities provided by the digital environment.
- Market / Internal Communications - Develop marketing communication strategy and develop commercial tools to promote overall branding strategy. Utilize internal and external channels to support commercial growth. Guide and manage internal communications needs.
- Intelligence and business development - Collect and assess market intelligence to provide reference to business decision. This is including macro economy information, industry and competitor intelligence. Manage business development projects, leverage across division capability to achieve project target.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation - Assist Japan VPGM to manage and facilitate Japan Strategic Planning process. Work closely with all commercial and functional leaders to define Japan strategy and support processes to ensure effective execution and implementation
- Manage ad hoc projects - support senior leadership visits to Japan. Plan and execute the activities such visits to government organizations, key customers, organize needed events, etc.
- Vertical market development - Work with Vertical Marketing, Divisional and cross functional teams so support the execution of identified vertical marketing initiatives.
- College degree required. Major in Marketing or Business preferred.
- At least 10 years in director level role, related industry background is preferred.
- Superior role model leadership behaviours – ability to lead an organization (and influence others) while actively displaying the Company’s 4-I’s – Integrity, Innovation, Intensity and Involvement
- Strong strategic thinking and project management capability is required;
- Strong capability in organization relationship building, can work effective across division and functions, strong influencing skill.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills; marketing management and
- A proven track record in developing and administering a marketing program.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with attorneys at all levels in the organization.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Needs good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Indeed Posting Code: *IND-APAC
LinkedIn Posting Code: *LI-KP1