When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Portfolio Manager fully manages a portfolio of Chemical products and suppliers for North America to drive growth.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the product category including its application by customers, the breadth of brands and competitors, and the range of category requirements demanded by the laboratory research marketplace.
- Deploy strategies to source, negotiate, contract, and implement programs and otherwise drive revenue and profitability growth of the product portfolio.
- Responsible for the management of the products/suppliers and supplier negotiations.
- Maintains cross-functional relationships with internal departments including Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain, among others.
- Completes basic proformas including cannibalization, conversion, or new suppliers with support from manager/finance.
- Demonstrate leadership and strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
- The position of Portfolio Manager has a career path toward the position of Portfolio Manager 2, Sr. Portfolio Manager and eventually Category Manager, who leads a team of Portfolio Managers and a large portfolio of product categories.
- 3+ years of lab industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field.
- Confidence and poise to negotiate and manage a relationship with Director and Vice President level supplier partners.
- Knowledge of laboratory products and applications, actual working laboratory experience, or understanding of customer requirements in laboratory settings.
- Sales, marketing, or other commercial functional knowledge.
- Ability to develop/implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial drivers.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Well developed general business acumen with a thorough understanding of financial data and reporting methodologies, various performance metrics and ROI analyses.
- Valid passport and the ability to travel 10-15% in the U.S. and Canada.
- An advanced degree in Business or Science.
- Lab Industry experience in portfolio management.
- Multi tasking experience, flexibility, and a functional understanding of time and priority management.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.