Technical Writer – Flow Cytometry Job Description
The Technical Writer strives to deliver the highest quality digital and print scientific content to customers. As a member of the flow cytometry marketing team, the Technical Writer will be instrumental in working with the larger team to ensure that a clear, consistent message is delivered across all venues. The Technical Writer will be heavily involved in, but not limited to, the production of Application Notes, web content, Technical Guides, sales flyers, and other marketing materials across the entire flow cytometry product line. The candidate must be detail oriented, passionate about clear and concise scientific communication, and able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to move projects along very tight timelines. Candidates with a strong scientific background and experience in marketing writing are preferred.
- Develop scientific/technical documentations for end users from information and data provided by R&D scientists, product managers, and other key business team members.
- Regularly interact with subject experts and attend project team meetings as needed.
- Survey and optimize areas of the website
- Manage multiple projects with multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Analyze information to accurately identify customer workflows
- Proactively solicit information from other experts within the company as needed (e.g., R&D, technical support, field application specialists, legal)
- Organize content logically into single-purpose topics
- Write clearly and concisely to meet the needs of the target audience
- Work collaboratively with other team members on topic sharing and content reuse within a component content management system
- Work with minimal supervision and manage time effectively
- Deliver under tight deadlines
- Identify and communicate risks to project deadlines in advance
- Adapt to changes in project priorities
- Estimate and schedule complex documentation projects
- Follow all processes, style guides, templates, and brand guidelines
- Identify and suggest improvements to processes and deliverables
- Lead departmental special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a life scientific discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- Scientific knowledge and understanding of flow cytometry
- Technical writing experience in a scientific environment or experience in the life sciences industry preferred.
- Thorough understanding of technical/scientific content
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, accurately, and quickly under tight deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail and high regard for quality
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and software tools
- Can effectively adapt structure, tone, and style to meet business needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship management, project management, and critical thinking skills