Job Title: Revenue Analyst
Location: Madison WI
Number of direct reports: None (Individual contributor role)
This position plays a key partnership role with the Accounting/Finance/Order Management/Service teams and offers the right candidate an opportunity for career development and growth. This is an exceptional opportunity for an accounting professional with experience working through technical accounting issues and establishing processes and controls to ensure accurate and timely revenue reporting. This is an individual contributor position which will play a pivotal role in the management and accurate revenue reporting for the $500M America’s Commercial Operations business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer terms and conditions on contracts and POs to assess proper revenue recognition treatment.
- Perform month-end close tasks related to revenue including the timely completion of journal entries, account reconciliations and analytical review of deferred revenue.
- Provide forecast on the impact of deferred revenue by product line.
- Coordinate with cross divisional teams to ascertain conditions for revenue recognition are met.
- Involved in revenue recognition matters with the external audit firm and internal audit reviews.
- Research technical accounting literature, both internal and external and make appropriate recommendations to ensure the business is in compliance with US GAAP.
- Drive enhancement and development for Revenue Recognition process improvements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders.
- On a quarterly basis, update and maintain FV/VSOE analyses and memo to ensure continuing compliance and proper revenue recognition in accordance with SOP 97-2 and SAB 104 accounting.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related subject.
- 4-6 years of related experience in working with revenue recognition preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with reviewing and analyzing customer orders and contracts to identify revenue related issues for resolution and proper accounting treatment.
- CPA preferred.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential duties
- Proficient understanding of (US GAAP) revenue recognition including extensive experience in the application of SAB 104 and working knowledge of all other current authoritative literature related to revenue recognition is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative/integrative style of working to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Effective organizational and time management skills to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to handle high volume, diverse financial data and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Posses a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement).