Thermo Fisher Scientific Career Fair
Thursday, December 8 4pm-7pm
1 Fisher Pl. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Our 296,000 square foot national distribution and chemical manufacturing facility in Bridgewater, NJ, will enable each of our personnel to better serve our customers. Please visit out upcoming Job Fair. Hiring Managers will be onsite to talk to you.
Please apply online prior to the Job Fair and bring a copy of your resume.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our Global Chemicals business has exceptional growth potential. Global Chemicals was built from several acquisitions and provides a full range of analytical reagents and discovery chemicals to Thermo Fisher’s core research markets worldwide. Global Chemicals has been identified as a strategic growth area for the company with expansion opportunities in the US, Europe and developing markets, particularly Asia. Global Chemicals has 14 operational facilities in the US, Europe, and Asia, and sells a significant portion of its products through Thermo Fisher customers channels group in major Western markets.
We’re currently looking for a 2nd Shift Chemical Packager for our Bridgewater, NJ facility.
- Performs weighing, filling, labeling, sealing and other packaging operations as well as general warehouse duties relating to packaging materials such as unloading bottle trucks and keeping packaging materials in order.
- Completes necessary information for recordkeeping.
- Transports bulk materials, bottles, caps and supplies to filling location.
- Transports packaging goods to warehouse Sets up scale, checks bottle size, setup containers to be filled.
- Sees that all specifications and special instructions are followed on the job card or instructions cards.
- Performs necessary quality checks.
- Checks materials to see that they are correct.
- Responsible for working safely and for producing quality product checks. Responsible for assigned equipment clean and in good condition.
- Will perform all other duties as may apply to the existing job description.
- Previous warehouse and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs with or without accommodations and the ability to work alternately in a seated or standing position is required.
- The successful candidate will have basic mechanical aptitude and able to work with hand tools and gauges.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including detail orientation and accuracy in documentation is required.
- Knowledge of safety standards is desirable.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an environment with hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
This is a 2nd Shift position. Hours are 3:30am-12:00pm with possible overtime.
Starting salary for all positions will be $14.00 an hour (shift differential where applicable). In addition, you can take advantage of great Thermo Fisher Scientific benefits effective on your date of hire.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.