The Business Analyst is responsible to manage client relationships, understand global business processes, and to create project charters, budgets, process maps, create and execute test scripts, and requirements in a GxP environment for small to medium projects. She /He should have experience with BA methodologies to establish a project which include scoping, stakeholder analysis, activity modeling, story-boarding, and requirements tools. In addition, this person should be able to coordinate project activities on a smaller project and work with a project manager for the large projects. This role will interact with the service delivery and solutions delivery teams to deliver a solution that is supported by Service Delivery for new projects.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Applies full system development life cycle methodology, including requirements gathering, development of use cases, process maps, functional specifications, storyboards, wireframes, create test plans, coordinate the execution of testing, and ensures the design stays true to the requirements so the delivered solution meets the business needs.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Uses skills and knowledge to conduct research as well as to monitor and maintain optimum business solutions in medium to large applications. Documents business requirements, value measures/metrics, reconciles conflicts, and distinguishes between business and technical needs.
- Consistently applies a consultative approach with customers and seeks to understand the customer's strategy.
- Takes the lead in developing solutions to solve customer issues.
- Writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication tools (memos, presentations, reports, etc.). Delivers complex messages/subjects matter in a style that is simple and easy to understand and appropriate for the audience.
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Strong results orientation and proficiency in problem solving and organizational agility. Ensures the project has a plan and that the project moves through the SDLC process to completion. If appropriate, act as project manager.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Management or a related discipline. Equivalent work experience acceptable.
- 4-6 years’ experience in IT roles with increasing levels of responsibility and a minimum of 4 years of business analysis experience.
- Broad operational IT experience in a medium to large company environment
- An understanding of customer integrations, web based tools, and ERP are preferred (JD Edwards ERP and Master Data Management a plus).
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of complex IT systems is required. Experience in the practical application of software development methodologies is required. Working knowledge of LEAN/AGILE software development methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment. Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP or GxP) and Computers Systems Validation (CSV) is required. Applied experience with GMP and CSV, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding capacity to make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information.
- Ability to quickly understand and adjust to changing business needs and drive IT’s impact on its success.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. Demonstrated skill in vendor management.
- Strong understanding of IT strategy and the ability to relate it to business objectives.
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle. Track record of on-time, on-budget project delivery.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment, inclusive of conflict resolution.
- The ability to drive resolution of issues by bringing teams together – both internally and externally.
- Superior written and verbal communication and team-building skills.
- Ability to travel as required (10%).