When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- The PPI and Strategy Deployment Director will work with the ULS leadership teams to achieve significant improvements across a balanced scorecard with a focus on Customer Allegiance, Quality and Productivity.
- Own and Facilitate Strategic Policy Deployment process to include sessions to develop annual strategic plans across ULS in alignment with the overall company mission and the ULS five year STRAP plan.
- Implementation and support of the PPI (Practical Process Improvement) Business System strategic roadmap across Unity Lab Services (ULS) globally in alignment with partner divisions’ PPI Business System Strategic Roadmaps, Corporate Implementation Frameworks and the ULS annual strategic plan.
- Work closely with the ULS leadership team and PPI Lean Core Team to identify ways to accelerate culture change and embed the PPI Business System as a ‘way-of-life’ within ULS
- Manage the PPI Business System capabilities matrix with responsibility of developing PPI Business System subject matter experts within each geo-center
- Training, coaching, mentoring and direct application of strategic policy deployment, lean management systems, lean tools and concepts across ULS geo-centers. Transfer PPI Lean knowledge and build internal PPI Lean bench strength to drive a sustainable PPI Business System
- Coordinate PPI resources across ULS globally
- Partner with other Divisional/Business Unit (BU) PPI Business System Managers to manage and support cross functional improvement activity
- Provide ‘sensei-type’ coaching to leadership to develop their Lean expertise over time
- Coach and mentor kaizen leaders throughout Chartering, Discovery and Improvement phases of Kaizen. Challenge organizational leaders as necessary to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and proliferate PPI and Lean thinking throughout the organization
- Conduct training events in areas such as PPI 8-step problem solving, lean leadership, value stream mapping, kaizen blitz, waste and variation elimination, material flow, 5S, visual management, built-in-quality, etc. Establish and mature the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, gemba walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture.
- Facilitate Kaizen events to accelerate growth, improve customer allegiance and increase internal and customer productivity. Provide guidance for chartering of projects and kaizen events
- Serve as a conduit for best practice sharing (corporate, group, and divisional) to promote the PPI Business System benefits. Identify best practices within and outside the company to aid in translating PPI Lean to office and remote working environments.
- Conduct PPI Business System assessments and report dashboard scores to ULS Leadership teams
- Participate in reporting processes as part of the ULS Management Operating System; Champion, track, measure and report on PPI savings and PPI Business System maturity monthly
- Develop tracking and visual management tools to enable real time tracking of the ULS PPI Project Pipeline
- This position has a direct responsibility to the ULS leadership team to assist in defining and executing strategies that leverage the PPI Business System to drive continuous improvement and profitable growth.
- Partner with Finance personnel to evaluate project savings estimates, validate reported PPI benefits, and ensure accurate accounting of PPI Productivity
- May periodically be assigned specific projects within ULS or across the company, which align with the ULS strategic plan and company goal tree objectives
- A ‘lean guru’ with solid service or enterprise experience; 8+ years, hands-on track record of implementing successful lean programs with strategic policy deployment, value-stream mapping, kaizen, daily accountability, 5S, visual management, lean in the office, lean sourcing, leader standard work, Gemba Walks, etc.
- Experience working in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), Honeywell Operating System (HOS) or other recognized Lean business system
- Formal lean training and comprehensive knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, operations or business.
- Experience acting as a Lean Sensei for leadership, coaching alignment between strategic business plans and lean improvement plans, (i.e. x-matrices, strategic A3’s).
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching employee teams in a continuous improvement environment within and outside of manufacturing operations.
- MBA preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position has not been approved for relocation.