When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Primary duties include performing in-house and field servicing of Temperature Control products (baths, circulators, re-circulators and chillers). This includes performing evaluation, repair and testing of customer equipment. Also, required to identify service resource and tooling needs while alerting management of product repair trends. Additional duties include assisting with receiving/shipping and interfacing with customers.
- Repair and refurbish baths and chillers
- Transportation of chillers to and from the depot.
- Cleaning, insulating, re-assemble, crating and packaging chillers after repair.
- Responsible for calibration of test equipment, when due.
- Responsible for parts arrival and inventory, accuracy/shelf management
- 5S of depot
- Contact customers via phone and email when units are being picked up and dropped off
- Maintain and service our customers to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Perform Customer Services, including preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment and field installations of applicable products.
- Calibrate customer equipment according to specifications.
- Provide technical support to customers via phone and email.
- Provide training as required.
- Provide support to engineering, manufacturing, and sales.
- Provide adequate documentation and reports upon completion of each assigned job.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work with hand and power tools.
- Refrigeration experience 3 to 5 years preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong customer focus and communication skills.
- Sets high standards in work ethic and highly self-motivated.
- Be available to travel to customer sites.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn service procedures and software tools.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. or more with help.
- Refrigeration related experience.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.