When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) will ensure that suppliers deliver quality parts, components, and materials in accordance to international and Thermo Fisher Scientific quality standards. Ensure outsourced product adheres to various types of mechanical, chemical and electrical specifications. Assesses new and existing supplier qualifications and outsourced product qualifications. Collaborate, communicate and resolve supplier-related problems as they occur. Perform internal and external audits as required to ensure process and procedures are being adhered to. Evaluate suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and will provide feedback in assessment of their operation. Some domestic travel will be required for this position.
- Serve as the technical liaison between Thermo Fisher and its suppliers
- Establish QA/QC tools for measuring supplier performance that affect TFS products and services
- Drive continuous improvement process (CIP) activities such as PPI, Kaizen, Lean
- Issue formal supplier corrective actions (SCARs) and work with them to resolve problems
- Issue internal and supplier Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA)
- Minimize the Costs of Quality, Field Failures and Factory defects
- Ensure the SQE role helps drive COPQ to minimum
- Analyze data effectively, summarize results, create reports, and use visual tools effectively
- Track action plans from supplier audits and assessments and monitor their activity for completion and correctness on a daily basis.
- Assist in RCA activities: Factory materials, process, assemblies, products, and field failures (RMA)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing, product design, quality assurance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Supplier Management experience
- Effective problem solving, root cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross-functionally and globally)
- Working knowledge and understanding of various CIP techniques. (Examples: Six Sigma/Lean/PPI)
- High level of proficiency in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Access)
- Willing to travel domestically to supplier sites (10%)
- Leadership and resource management experience
This position does NOT have relocation available.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.