Job ID :
Lithuania - Vilnius
- Provides technical support for ThermoFisher Scientific products and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email, fax or mail, with each rep managing on average a minimum of 25 inquiries including phone calls and written enquires per working day.
- Provides complete customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources. Escalates issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Records and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues. Troubleshoots, provides advice or solutions to problems, and arranges credits or replacement products as required. Participates in analysing complaint information to assist in complaint trending, and identification of potential quality issues.
- Tracks product related issues and escalates issues when needed.
- Participates in customer notifications on product quality issues as required.
- Works with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database and assist our Sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
- Develops technological and product expertise within one or more key business areas while staying up to date in all of the company’s business areas.
- Contributes to departmental and team meetings.
- Participates in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Position determines own practices and procedures and contributes to the development of new concepts.
- Performs duties independently with only limited direction given.
- Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm, involving a moderate to high degree of complexity.
- Decisions are made within policy constraints. Occasionally, situations may warrant action outside of company guidelines, in which case representative is encouraged to share solution with Team Leader prior to action. Erroneous decisions may lead to customer dissatisfaction and/or increased costs for the company.
- Normally receives little instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Requires at least a M.Sc. in molecular biology or similar field. A Ph.D. or equivalent experience is preferred. Also requires hands-on experience in molecular biology methods such as DNA & RNA purification, Reverse transcription, PCR, Cloning. The successful candidate needs to be fluent in English, in both written and verbal communication. Additional language skills in either of French/German/Italian/Spanish/Dutch/Polish/Russian with at least B2-level proficiency would be an advantage, but not a must.
- Minimum 3 years related laboratory experience required. Ability to demonstrate proficiency in using computer systems and databases required for daily work. Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues is required. Ability to manage multiple priorities required; problem-solving ability required.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications as well as the Internet required.
- Prior experience in customer service would be an advantage.
- Technical Application Scientist has contact with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- May serve on cross-functional teams to provide expertise and to represent customer perspective and needs.
- This position requires repetitive typing, considerable interaction on the telephone and regular viewing of a computer monitor. The use of voice is required for a significant portion of the day. Most of the other physical demands are typical of those associated with an office environment.
- Occasional laboratory work may be required, usually during training courses. This might involve delivery of the training or as a participant. Must be capable of observing and adhering to lab safety standards and protocols.
- Travel (usually not exceeding 4 weeks/year and generally in the order of 1 to 2 weeks per year) within Europe ( occasionally the USA) will be required and may involve traveling over a weekend.
- The Technical representative will be required to adhere to the company’s quality policy and follow all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Telephone Service is offered to customers between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM (EET) from Vilnius. These will be the working hours.
- Should be prepared to adopt a flexible approach to work outside normal hours, when required.
- Individual and team Targets, Goals and Objectives are set at the beginning of each year. These are reviewed quarterly on an informal basis, and formally on an annual basis.
- Location will be Vilnius office.