When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: As a Technical Application Specialist II working with process monitoring instrumentation, you will be part of a dedicated and professional call center team whose responsibilities include all aspects of product support including installation, maintenance, repair, customer training, training program development, and working with our sales team to gain new customers. This position is primarily focused on supporting our process monitoring customer base.
This role is primarily office based but will require occasional travel to sites including but not limited to Refining, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Electric Power, Wastewater, and Process Monitoring Plants.
Serve as member of a team that provides technical assistance to customers, field sales, and customer service personnel on Thermo Fisher Scientific products and their related applications.
- Present professional, efficient and friendly customer service to all customers
- Provide technical support to customers and colleagues via phone, email and other electronic media
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and repair equipment as required
- Interact with Operations, Sales, and Service teams to ensure collaborative efforts leading to timely response to customer needs
- Manage daily work schedule to ensure sufficient call center coverage
- Assist in the development of technical material and training documents
- Train customers and colleagues on instrument operation and maintenance
- Undertake some field service functions at customer sites
- Escalate and document technical requests and quality issues through the use of CRM tools
- Up to 10% travel as required for training or in support of service assignments.
- Perform other duties as necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the Technical Support Department
- 2 year College/Technical Degree and/or equivalent technical support or field experience.
- Minimum of 2 years or equivalent technical experience with skills in analytical/process instrumentation, chemistry, pneumatics, mechanics and electronics
- This position may involve access to technology and/or software whose export is controlled by regulations of the U.S. government. Any final job offer will be extended only to otherwise qualified candidates who also meet the level of export control requirements applicable to the position.
- Ability to interpret test procedures, wiring diagrams, schematics, and technical specifications is required.
- Full driver’s license
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and timely resolution is essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office and database usage a must
- Proficient use of a CRM tools such as SalesForce
- The ability to read engineering drawings and circuit schematics
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (listening and understanding; problem solving; presentation skills; etc.)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and simultaneously manage multiple responsibilities and assignments a must
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.