Job Title: Production Planner
Requisition ID: 46122BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
Production Order Management
- Resolve supply issues by working with in-house partners and/or suppliers
- Inventory Management (including Safety Stocks, Shelf Life, Aged/Obsolesce)
- Capacity Management (calculating future requirements)
Daily and backorder review and management
- Developing, providing and analyzing periodic reports
- Quarterly E&O for reserves
- MRP data maintenance
New Product Introduction timelines
Project Management as required
- BS in Business related field with minimum 7 years of experience in supply chain/ operations management.
- Minimum of 5 years previous Planning experience
- Proficiency in Advanced Planning, MRP and ERP Planning systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
- MBA and APICS Certification highly desirable.
- Strong customer service focus to enhance satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and provide reports to satisfy ongoing inquires on inventory, capacity and product availability.
- Solid writing skills to develop routine reports and correspondences that are clear and concise.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level
- Strong knowledge or planning and purchasing systems.
- In-Depth knowledge of planning software (MRP).
- Solid understanding of concepts of inventory flow throughout the supply chain.
- Strong understanding of concepts of inventory management and distribution planning.
This position is not approved for relocation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.