When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Summary: Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. The Site Specialist will maintain lab equipment and support inventory management services. General duties include chemical management and tracking, and stock room maintenance. This position is based in New Haven, CT. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth.
- Inventory management of laboratory consumables.
- Chemical inventory management and auditing of storage locations.
- Hazardous Waste Pickup.
- Media / Solution Prep.
- Laboratory Technical Support Services (aliquoting, Mega Preps, etc).
- Glassware washing.
- Provide back up support for Front Desk / Reception.
- Write work instructions for new and existing instrumentation, as needed. Send instructions to document writer for SOP creation.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have at least a year of hands on lab and instrumentation experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to consistently lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May occasionally use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Must be able to work overtime, as required.
- Ability to operate a hand held scanner.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Customer-service oriented.
- Proficient organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Independent and self-directed.
- Detail oriented.
- Computer literate and working knowledge Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in a laboratory environment. Work will also be performed in cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, and storage locations.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- Personal protective equipment may be required when performing certain job functions; items may include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, steel toed shoes and safety gloves.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.