This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel. The interaction requires good communication and customer service skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires some knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures as well as the ability to understand and interpret team metrics. The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work any shift on-time and maintain strong attendance performance. The incumbent normally receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments. The associate material handler will work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F). Safely operate distribution equipment, as required.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Receives materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis.
- Verifies the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Examines, sorts, arranges, counts, stores, picks, and packs items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Operates material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.).
- Prepares and ships materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Lifts up to 25 lbs on a regular basis.
- Routinely pushes and pulls up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly climbs and reaches.
- Satisfactorily completes training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 0-2 years related experience
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures; written and verbal instruction, and to meet schedules
- Must be able to achieve and pass training and proficiency standards to operate all Powered Industrial Equipment required for departmental use
- Must be able to maintain Powered Industrial Equipment certification standards during the length of employment.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Some experience in logistics with a life science company