Job ID :
US - Illinois - Remote / Field
Assists field service with difficult instrument issues:
- Uses technical expertise to guide FSE in resolving instrument issues.
- Maintains communication with FSE to ensure understanding of status of a service event that they have become a party to.
- Provides courteous and knowledgeable response to technical issues, meeting commitments in a timely manner.
- Serves as a customer advocate and ensures that technical issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Manages escalation of unresolved technical issues to Factory Support.
- Adheres to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies and procedures.
Mentors Installations, FSE Training and Maintenance:
- Is an expert on HPLC and keeps current on the product line by frequent interaction with the factory and by integrating the knowledge gained from field issues into the factory and field service knowledge repositories.
- Keeps factory apprised of instrument issues. Provides feedback on processes and procedures surrounding the product. .
- In addition to training FSEs and distributors, serves as a source of technical product knowledge and provides supervision as required in the course of this duty.
Manages Internal Processes:
- Enters various types of data (i.e. service log, procedural information, knowledge retention, etc.) into computer system. ).
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by enforcing procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality Systems.
- Assists in the development of manuals, training material, and technical information.
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.