Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support, customer relationship management and providing statistical analysis to the customer. The successful candidate will provide complete services on analytical equipment systems including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument The Service Engineer will also coordinate resources and work with the Service Team to deliver technical expertise to customers with high-quality results to ensure high-customer satisfaction.
· Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of analytical equipment systems.
· Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
· Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user
· Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business
· Track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks using a customer’s management software
· Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and other field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
· Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
· Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
· Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
· Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
· Develops and mentors new engineers in accordance with our training policies.
· On occasion assist with team management in times of manager absence or assist in times when manager is unavailable due to high work load periods.
· Be the lead or mentor other engineers during service escalation resolution. Provide details technical summaries of the work being performed to resolve an escalation.
· Must have valid driver license
· Good communication skills