The Production Supervisor (Night Shift) is responsible for the organization and coordination of all manufacturing activities, and for the supervision of all employees within the assigned department. This position also maintains and improves operational efficiencies, product quality and regulatory compliance. The Production Supervisor provides employees with the tools necessary to work safely and efficiently, and encourages positive employee motivation and job satisfaction.
- Administer company policies and procedures relating to personnel matters. Review employee performance evaluations and recommend salary adjustment when warranted. Conduct employee counseling as needed.
- Provide training for new and existing employees via departmental meetings and individual training sessions, to enhance skills, correct defective skills and improve overall quality of production needs.
- Review personnel needs, interview applicants and hire appropriate candidates.
- Direct and organize production flow on a daily basis according to established time schedules and production schedules.
- Monitor efficiency of production systems and suggest equipment, adjustments, repairs and modifications to enhance the system.
- Continuously assess the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness.
- Review and update standard operating procedures (SOP’s) according to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines, ISO requirements and current accepted manufacturing practices.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position (standing) up to ten (10) hours at a time.
- This position requires moving about the department, as needed.
- This position may require occasional moving about the outside of the building to travel to other buildings for meetings, etc.
- Must have dexterity to use equipment and move about workspace to do position efficiently.
- Stoop, kneel, or crouch by equipment.
- Lift boxes safely, and according to training provided.
- This person frequently communicates with others on a regular basis. This person needs to be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Fill out documents with accuracy.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak the English language.
- Frequently moves boxes of various sizes and weights. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), such as goggles, gloves, lab coat, steel-toed boots, etc., in accordance to the department policy.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years manufacturing experience or working towards completion of Bachelor's Degree within the next two years.
- 3-4 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- MS office suite application proficiency including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in previous work history.
- Knowledge of FDA, cGMP/QSR and ISO 9000.
- Prefer a Bachelor's Degrees to be in science, engineering or industrial management.