When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Process Engineer provides technical support for molding and assembly operations for current Production product and for new product development. Ability to interact with large cross section of Thermo Fisher Employee base ranging from hourly line worker, team lead, shift supervisor, Quality Department, Tool Room Personnel, Maintenance Team and Set-up Techs to support, trouble shoot and resolve product issues and incorporate Continuous Improvement Projects. Process Engineering is responsible for the development and innovation of new ideas, products, processes, materials and all necessary tooling specific to the injection molding industry. Is technically competent and is capable of handling all projects within his discipline. Interface as needed with Marketing, Sales and Customer Service
- Develop optimized Decoupled molding process
- Understanding of Injection Molding machine controls and operation
- Work with and lead projects with Set-up Technicians
- Work with Tooling, Quality and Manufacturing Departments to debug and validate molds maintaining optimized process
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement projects and/or general improvement projects
- Maintain Open Issues matrix
- Troubleshoot production issues and keep production running to support customer requirements until corrective actions can be implemented
- Ability to problem solve and implement corrective actions for NCR’s both internal and external
- Work with NPD group to validate new products
- Interpret print for Product requirements
- Ensure all new tooling launches with the following in place:
- Decoupled process
- Water diagram
- Key plastic parameters documented
- Represent process engineering on new product development teams insuring new products that are brought to market are capable of being manufactured to accepted specifications.
- Support NPD for the following:
- Process FMEA
- Design FMEA
- Process Flow Chart
- Control Plan / QCIP
- Support daily Gemba meeting
- Support escalated product as required…may include night and weekend support
- Review and complete MCP’s associated with injection molding process
- Establishes and optimizes manufacturing processes, methods and procedures to assure product performance, quality and cost effectiveness
- Coordinates and directs investigations in new processes, materials and other related technologies, and provides training for the operation as needed.
- Research, evaluate and procure machines and equipment required to meet production needs.
- Coordinate and complete the validation process for new molding processes, machines and equipment.
- Establishes engineering tolerances and specifications.
- Work to develop corrective and preventive actions on systemic problems for processes in your respective area of responsibility.
- Provides technical assistance and expertise to manufacturing in problematic situations, implementing corrective action and provide training as required.
- Interacts with tool room to optimize tool/mold design, providing process input for tool/mold procurement.
- Establishes and maintains manufacturing specifications, i.e., BOM, routings, set up sheets and other related technical input and documentation.
- Prepares capital appropriation requests and is responsible for administering the approved project capital. Aids in the development and implementation of capital budget.
- Is responsible to manage and lead team projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Manufacturing Technology or extensive experience
- 10+ years with Scientific Injection Molding in both theory and implementation
- Master Molder Training a plus
- Computer Skills: must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A working knowledge of SAP
- Must have outstanding Technical writing skills and oral communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.