When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
At Thermo Fisher, our mission is to serve science and improve lives. The Emerging Technologies team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class hardware and software products built to leverage the power and scalability of the cloud, social, mobile, and the internet of things (IoT).
We are looking for a senior level (Staff) Solutions Consultant that has experience with helping businesses understand and leverage cloud, IoT, and big data analytics to improve our products and make them more valuable to our customers. The ideal candidate is a mix of a business development manager who discovers opportunities by talking to business leaders; a solutions architect who helps R&D teams design solutions at a high level; and a technical program manager making sure it all gets done per expectations. This will require you to confidently learn the basics of the workflows in Life Sciences domains and pair that with your existing technology expertise to help businesses craft functional and technical roadmaps for their products. As initiatives enter in to their requirements gathering and execution phases, you will help projects succeed by coordinating interactions between the business teams, project managers, and the emerging technologies group to make sure that the right things get done at the right time.
You are comfortable in a multi-tasking environment frequently interspersed with travel and meetings with a wide variety of groups, yet you also manage to find the time to dive in deep on requirements and solution definition. Most of all, you are excited about the solutions and the dramatic influence they have on all of us.
- Proactively collaborate with business leaders, product managers, program/project managers, and engineering stakeholders to establish overall strategy for the Thermo Fisher technology platforms for the business areas assigned.
- Work with divisional stakeholders to distill strategy in to tangible requirements and product roadmaps for the Thermo Fisher Cloud and related software/hardware/IoT applications.
- Perform research in to industry trends, requirements, and approaches to help ensure strategy and roadmaps are successful in the market place.
- Identify and define required system interfaces and map dependencies.
- Educate R&D teams about proper processes and approaches to take when developing solutions.
- Participate in development and implementation projects in the role of program manager, project manager, or product owner as necessary.
- Develop a network of experts throughout the organization, industry and suppliers. Bring company and industry knowledge as well as creative technical skills to product creation; be a content, sub-discipline specialist across the company.
- Experience implementing cloud based informatics software in a scientific or engineering setting.
- Background in Information Technology and/or Software Development, including knowledge and understanding of modern cloud, service-oriented, and IoT architectures. Specific knowledge of Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Experience with requirements elicitation, documentation, and design specifications for software.
- Experience with modern software development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum is important.
- Systems experience (software and hardware) in biotech, medical device or life sciences industry a strong plus. Experience with architectures that satisfy regulated standards such as ISO 14385 or CFR Part II is required.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams is a strong plus.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable initiating discussions at all levels in an organization, detail oriented, and highly motivated.
- Ability to convey very complex information in both written and oral form to both non-technical and deeply technical audiences
- A BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) together with 9+ years software development or IT experience or MS with 7+ years of experience. MS or PhD preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.