When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.comJob Title: Unified Communications Engineer
This position provides an exciting opportunity to help Unify Communications within a complex environment. Knowledge of O365/Skype For Business, SIP and Avaya will allow the correct candidate to be successful in this role. The successful candidate will deploy & support our Unified platforms globally. Duties include; resolving issues on Skype For Business, Avaya and SIP platforms, System Monitoring, Major outage management, supporting ticket resolution, project management and oversea our telecom vendors to deliver a quality service to our business colleagues.
· At least 2 years’ experience within a Unified Communications role
· O365 & Skype For Business configuration and support
· Full understanding of SIP trunking and endpoints
· Strong understanding of VoiP configuration. This includes bandwidth calculations, CODEC types and QoS configuration.
· Working knowledge of Avaya systems would be a distinct advantage.
· Overview of Cisco (LAN/WAN) networks would be advantageous but not essential.
· Provide an excellent employee experience when interacting with business colleagues
· Monitor for P1 incidents and oversee the day-to-day tickets raised for voice infrastructure
· Support our Vendors with troubleshooting telecom based problems
· Perform monthly analysis and provide any reports required
· Utilize monitoring tools to ensure our environment remains stable
· Determine preventative maintenance documentation in conjunction with our vendors
· Support a ‘follow the sun’ and on-call rotation initiative to support the business 24x7
· Assist and participate in developing cost estimates and proposals for new system requirements
· Create and maintain documentation
· Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
· Perform other duties as assigned
· 2 year technical education beyond high school, Degree preferred
· Equivalent work experience acceptable
· At least 2 years experience working with and supporting Skype For Business
· Office 365 knowledge & experience
· Working experience with Avaya CM platform and general voice infrastructure
· Video Conference knowledge would be an advantage
· Demonstrates strong project management skills
· Demonstrates self-discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance
· Experience with general IT infrastructure including structured cabling implementation and design
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience
· Able to complete assignment with minimal direction
· Must be able to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to networking problems and issues
· Must adapt to rapidly changing technologies
· Enhanced PC knowledge and skill sets utilizing Microsoft products
· Interest in expanding one’s knowledge in the technology industry
· Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong client support orientation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.