Job Title- Developer I
Job Location - Bangalore, India
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
This position will work within the DTD (Digital Technology and Delivery) group to develop and implement various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites. Candidate will work with others on the development team to translate business requirements and technical design into well optimized functioning code using JAVA and related technologies. Candidate will be responsible for implementation, maintenance of web applications and services that interact with Product, Content, Search and E-Commerce systems. Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team to build web applications and services. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Middleware and ERPs.
- Work closely with development team, business analysts to develop, unit test, debug and maintain web applications based on functional requirements and scope of work.
- Confirm to DTD adopted software development standards.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
- Participate in production deployment and provide assistance to production support group when needed.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2-4 years’ experience in developing eBusiness web applications using Java and related technologies.
- Must be strong in Java, Spring, WebService, JUnit.
- Must possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Be performance driven and perform well with minimal supervision.
- Be highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
- Be a quick learner and be open to working on new technologies if needed.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Prior work experience in Hybris is very highly desirable.
- Exposure to Agile delivery methodology would be nice to have.
- Experience working with GIT, JIRA, and Confluence would be nice to have.
- Be flexible to work with some overlapping work overs if needed and attend onshore calls.
- Be able to step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and critical production issues.
- Regular day to day job responsibilities does not involve travel.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.